Tour Scotland Travel Video Winter Drive To Parish Church Of St Fergus Glamis
Tour Scotland travel video Blog of a sunny Winter short drive to the Parish Church of St Fergus ancestry visit to Glamis in Angus, Scotland. It is reputed that a church has stood on this site since the 8th century, when St Fergus established a small ecclesiastical structure.. Records show that a church has existed here since at least 1242, when David de Bernham, Bishop of St Andrews Cathedral in Fife, dedicated the church at Glamis and granted it to Arbroath Abbey. The earlier church, being " old and in very bad condition ", was demolished in 1790 and two years later the present church was opened. Built in a mixture of Gothic and Romanesque, the church is rectangular in plan, with a large square tower and spire centrally placed attached to the west gable.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.