Tour Scotland Video Ay Waukin, O Festival Auchtermuchty Fife



Tour Scotland video of Ay Waukin, O being sung at the Traditional Music Festival in Auchtermuchty, Fife, Scotland. Alistair Ogilvy singing a song by Robert Burns at Muchty Festival, Alistair is originally from the Stirlingshire village of Strathblane, and is a fine traditional songster.

All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.

View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.

Chorus
Ay waukin , O,
Waukin still and weary:
Sleep I can get nane
For thinking on my dearie.

Simmer's a pleasant time:
Flowers of every colour,
The water rins owre the heugh,
And I long for my true lover.

When I sleep I dream,
When I wauk I'm eerie,
Sleep I can get nane
For thinking on my dearie.

Lanely night comes on,
A' the lave are sleepin,
I think on my bonie lad,
And I bleer my een wi' greetin

No comments: