Tour Scotland Video Of Old Photographs Of Kirkcowan

Tour Scotland travel Blog video of old photographs of Kirkcowan located six miles from Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland. The church, erected in 1829, under the patronage of the Agnew family, is a substantial structure with a tower. A congregation of Seceders assembled for public worship in an old barn. The railway station of the Portpatrick and Wigtownshire Joint Railway closed in 1965. A mill was erected in 1822 for the manufacture of woollen cloths, blankets, plaidings, flannels, and plain and pilot cloths. Thomas Hugh was born in Kirkcowan in 1869, the eldest son of John Milroy.. He was a Scottish physiologist and organic chemist. He died in North Berwick on 20 March 1950. He did not marry and had no children. Of interest to folks with ancestry, genealogy or Scottish Family Roots in Scotland who may wish to visit one day.

All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.

View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.

No comments: