Tour Scotland Video Annie McKelvie Song Perth Perthshire



Tour Scotland video of a Scotsman singing Annie McKelvie at an event for Senior Citizens in Perth, Perthshire, Scotland.

Dumbarton's the place I met Annie McKelvie
She was walking alone by the shore
And we talked for a while till as evening was falling
I walked her back home to her door

She said, Give me a while to think o'er your proposal
My mother would have to consent
So we parted that night with a kiss at her doorstep
Back home through Bowling I went

At last she agreed she would come to the dancing
And travel to Clydebank by train
On that cold station platform I waited for hours
I never saw Annie again

Oftimes I walk by the banks of the Leven
And follow its flow to the Clyde
And I think of that day spent wi' Annie McKelvie
The lassie that wounded my pride

Last chorus:
Do you fancy a night at the dancing wi' me
The band in the town hall's the finest you'll see
If there's no' another place you'd rather be
Then I'll wait at the dance for you, Annie

All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.

View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.

Tour Scotland. Tour Aberdeen, Tour Dundee, Tour Edinburgh, Tour Glasgow, Tour Isle of Skye. Tour Glencoe, Tour Loch Lomond. Tour Loch Ness.
Tour St Andrews.

No comments: