Tour Scotland Video Roving Ploughboy Auchtermuchty Festival



Tour Scotland video of Roving Ploughboy being sung at the Traditional Music Festival in Auchtermuchty, Fife, Scotland. Heather Haywood singing at the Festival, she is best known for her interpretation of traditional songs, her repertoire is wide with the bulk of her material coming from the Scottish tradition. There are many different versions of this song.

Come saddle tae me my auld grey mare.
Come saddle tae me my pony O.
An I'll tak the road and I’ll go far away.
After ma rovin ploughboy O

Chorus.
Ploughboy O, oh ploughboy, O.
I'll follow the rovin ploughboy O

Last night I lay on a fine feather bed.
Sheets and blankets sae cosy O.
This night I maun lie in a cauld barn shed.
Wrapped in the arms of my ploughboy O.

A champion ploughman, my Geordie O.
Cups and medals and prizes O.
On bonny Deveronside there are none to compare.
Wi my jolly rovin ploughboy O.

So fare ye weel tae auld Huntly toon.
Fare ye weel Drumdelgie O.
For noo I’m on the road and I’m gaun far away.
After ma rovin ploughboy O.

Last chorus.
Ploughboy O, oh ploughboy O.
I'll follow my rovin ploughboy O

All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.

View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.

No comments: