
Tour Scotland travel photograph of Cantick Head Lighthouse on visit and trip to the tip of the Walls peninsula connected to the island of Hoy in the Orkney Islands, overlooking Cantick Sound and the southern entrance to Scapa Flow in the Pentland Firth. The light was first exhibited on the night of 15 July 1858. A fog horn was established in October 1913 and discontinued in 1987. The light was automated in 1991.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
No comments:
Post a Comment