Tour Scotland Video Sunday Drive To The Parish Church In Boarhills East Neuk of Fife



Tour Scotland video of a Sunday drive North from Crail on the A917 road to the church in Boarhills on ancestry visit to the East Neuk of Fife, Scotland. Boarhills Church lies south east of St Andrews, close to the A917. It is oriented east west and was built south west of the village of Boarhills by the local architect, George Rae between 1866 and 1868. The Reverend Robert Skinner, an Episcopal minister writing in 1870, describes the discovery of stone cists at the site of a new chapel at Chesterhill, which is almost certainly the church at Boarhills. The presence of the cists suggests that the graveyard is older than the present building and that there was probably an earlier building on the site. There are graveyards to the north and south, the latter still in use. All of the gravestones face East.

All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.

View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.

No comments: