Old Photograph Tolbooth Glasgow Scotland
Old photograph of the Tolbooth in Glasgow, Scotland. The Tolbooth was the site of the Glasgow Council Chambers until 1814, when the council sold the Tolbooth and moved to Jail Square in the Saltmarket, before eventually moving to the current City Chambers on George Square. The Tolbooth Steeple was where the public hangings of Glasgow used to occur.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...