Old Photograph Clason Kirk Carmunnock Scotland
Old photograph of people outside Clason Kirk in Carmunnock within the boundary of Glasgow, Scotland. Originally the Clason Memorial Mission Hall, the kirk was built in 1865 after the breakaway from the established Church in 1843. It was named for the Reverend Patrick Clason, a former minister of Carmunnock Parish Church, who became a supporter of the breakaway Free Church of Scotland. In 1924, after the building had ceased to function as a church, it became the Clason Hall, providing for Carmunnock Parish Church organisations and events. In 2004, the Reid Hall, a further extension, designed to be in keeping with village architecture, was added to the west side of Clason Hall.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...