Old Photograph Church Street Kilbarchan Scotland
Old photograph of people on church street in Kilbarchan, Renfrewshire, near Glasgow, Scotland. This Scottish village was known for its former weaving industry. At one time there were 800 hand looms in this village. The steeple was erected in 1755 by James Milliken of Milliken. The bell was rung by the church at 6am, and 6pm and again at 10pm. The church was originally built with only one clock face, facing Kilbarchan cross. The other three faces were put in 27 years later.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Posted by Sandy Stevenson