Old Photograph South High Street New Pitsligo Scotland
Old photograph of horses and carts, people and a shop, houses and cottages on South High Street in New Pitsligo near Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland. This area originally owned by the Lords Pitsligo, however after the Jacobite rebellion of 1745 these lands were forfeited because of the last Lord's support for the losing side. Part of the estate eventually passed to William Forbes of Monymusk who founded the village of New Pitsligo on the site of the existing hamlet of Cyaak.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...