Old Photograph Kincardine Bridge Scotland
Old photograph of Kincardine Bridge, a road bridge crossing the Firth of Forth from Falkirk council area to Kincardine, Fife, Scotland. The bridge was constructed between 1932 and 1936, to a design by Sir Alexander Gibb and Partners, Consulting Engineers and Architect, Donald Watson. It was the first road crossing of the River Forth downstream of Stirling, completed nearly thirty years before the Forth Road Bridge, which stands fifteen miles to the south east. The bridge was constructed with a swinging central section which remained in use until 1988, that would allow larger ships to sail upstream to the small port at Alloa.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Posted by Sandy Stevenson