Aberdeenshire, Scotland. The first station, then called Inverury Station, was opened on 20 September 1854 on the Great North of Scotland Railway main line which ran between Aberdeen Waterloo and Keith stations. It was situated 805 metres south of the present station. In 1856 it became the junction station for the new Inverury and Old Meldrum Junction Railway branch line to Oldmeldrum. Renamed Inverurie Station in 1866, it was replaced in 1902 with a new building with three platforms at the present location It is now managed by Abellio ScotRail and is on the single track Aberdeen to Inverness Line. Also, it is the terminus for some trains on the Edinburgh and Glasgow Lines through Aberdeen as part of the Aberdeen Crossrail project
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.