Edinburgh, Scotland. She was built in Dumbarton in 1949, and broken up in 1965. The ferry route was called the Queensferry Passage. The ferries operated between North Queensferry in Fife, and South Queensferry. The route going back as far as the 11th century in the times of Queen Margaret. The opening of the suspension bridge in September 1964 led to the closure of the Queensferry Passage.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.