Glasgow, Scotland. Linn House was built in 1811 for Reverend James Hall, who a short time later became bankrupt resulting in the house and estate being put up for auction on behalf of the creditors. James Hall's wife, Mary Maxwell, separately owned adjacent land at Bogton which was the subject of a legal action by the creditors against her, which was determined at the Court of Session in January 1814. The mansion and surrounding estate was sold again in 1820.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.