Elgin, Moray, Scotland. The village was founded at the beginning of the nineteenth century as a fishing port by William Young of Inverugie. It expanded when the new harbour was built in 1838 for the export of stone from the nearby quarries. The old part of Hopeman has a grid iron street layout. The main part of the village is set back from the beach and there is a village green with playing fields, a playground and a skate park). The B9012 passes west to east to the south of the village.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.