Old Photograph Seaforth Highlanders Pipe Band Burghead Scotland


Old photograph of the Seaforth Highlanders Pipe Band marching in Burghead located eight miles North West of Elgin, Moray, Scotland. The present town of Burghead was built between 1805 and 1809, destroying in the process more than half of the site of an important Pictish hill fort. This fort was probably a major Pictish centre and was where carved slabs depicting bulls were found; they are known as the " Burghead Bulls. " The town is mainly built on a peninsula that projects north westward into the Moray Firth, meaning that most of the town has sea on three sides.



All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.

View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.

No comments:

Featured post

Tour Scotland Winter Travel Video Waterfalls Glencoe And Glen Etive Highlands

Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...