Old Photograph Glasgow Road Blantyre Scotland


Old photograph of shops and buildings on Glasgow Road in Blantyre, South Lanarkshire, Scotland. Blantyre is loosely divided in half by Main Street, High Blantyre. At the west end is Priory Bridge, named after the former priory to the north which was home to monks from around 1235. There is also Coatshill and the village, the oldest industrially developed part of Blantyre. Glasgow Road continues south via Springwell and eventually joins to Burnbank.



All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.

View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.

No comments: