Old Photograph Meadowfield Parish Church Longriggend Scotland
Old photograph of Meadowfield Parish Church in Longriggend, North Lanarkshire, Scotland. Longriggend is situated on moorland 8 km north east of Airdrie, in the parish of New Monkland. The village appeared on a map by Pont in 1596, under the name of Langrodge. Slamannan Railway joined Longriggend with Airdrie and the Union Canal in 1840, but its gauge prevented its connection with the Edinburgh & Glasgow Railway. Coal pits in the area used the railway extensively, and by 1895 there was a station at Longriggend.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...