Old Photograph Battlefield East Parish Church Mount Florida Scotland
Old photograph of Battlefield East Parish Church in Mount Florida, Glasgow, Scotland. The first church on this site was by John Honeyman 1865 in Early English style. It became the hall in 1912 when the adjacent red sandstone church by John Galt was opened as Battlefield East Parish Church. Spacious, yet warm and intimate interior with galleries supported on cast-iron columns. Fine woodwork, especially the gallery fronts and wagon roof. Light plaster walls set off many fine stained glass including windows by Abbey Studios 1937, Sadie McLellan 1972 and Susan Laidler 1980. Pipe organ of 1912 by Ingram of Edinburgh. Attractive garden. The church became Clincarthill Parish Church on the union with Mount Florida Church in 2010.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...