Tour Scotland photograph of Lismore lighthouse situated on Eilean Musdile island in the Firth of Lorne at the entrance to Loch Linnhe, Scotland. The lighthouse was built by Robert Stevenson in 1833 at a cost of £4,260 and initially showed a fixed white light. In 1910 most of the Northern Lighthouse Board's lights were changed to dioptric or Fresnel lenses but Lismore and Fidra, in the Firth of Forth, were left as the only remaining purely catoptric lights in the service. CalMac ferries pass close to the island on their way from Oban to Mull.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.