Sunday, 19 February 2017
Old Photograph Railway Station Craigellachie Scotland
Old photograph of the Railway Station at Craigellachie near Aberlour located twelve miles South of Elgin, Moray, Scotland. Craigellachie station was part of the Boat of Garten to Keith line in Scotland. Craigellachie station was opened in 1856 and closed for passengers in 1965 and closed for goods in 1971. Today only one of the platforms remains and the Speyside Way now goes through the site of the station and follows most of the railway. Craigellachie, British Columbia, Canada, is named after the Scottish village and is the place where the last spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway was driven in November 1885. Craigellachie has two malt whisky distilleries, Craigellachie and The Macallan, and is home to the Speyside Cooperage. The River Spey here is important for salmon fishing and whisky production.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland travel video of Winter snow just five days before Christmas in Glen Etive , near Glencoe , on ancestry visit to the Highland...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of women walking on the sea wall at the harbour in Arbroath, Angus, Scotland . In 1394 the Abbot John Gedy and the monks of ...