Old Photograph Double Decker Passenger Bus Bus Depot Parkhead Glasgow Scotland
Old photograph of a Double Decker Passenger Bus in the Bus Depot in Parkhead, Glasgow, Scotland. Parkhead is a district in the East End of Glasgow. Its name comes from a small weaving hamlet at the meeting place of the Great Eastern Road, now the Gallowgate and Tollcross Road, and Westmuir Street. Duke Street and Springfield Road also meet there, to form a turreted Edwardian five way junction at Parkhead Cross. Glasgow's Eastern Necropolis was laid out in 1847 beside the Gallowgate. Parkhead is best known as the home of Celtic Football Club, Celtic Park, which opened in 1892 after the club moved across the road from their old ground which they had been playing on for their first three years. In January 2016 Parkhead Depot closed and services and drivers were transferred to the new Caledonia Depot on Cathcart Road.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Posted by Sandy Stevenson