Tour Scotland Video Lifting White Wing Boat Harbour Festival Anstruther East Neuk Of Fife
Tour Scotland video of a crane lifting the White Wing boat on visit to the harbour festival in Anstruther, East Neuk of Fife, Scotland. White Wing is a 33-foot Baldie, a variety of the Fifie lugsail design popular on the East coast of Scotland. She was built in 1917 by Jas. Cadger at Gardenstown for John Ritchie of Whitehills, Banffshire. The Ritchie family ownership continued until 1942 when she was sold to Andrew and David Lownie and operated out of Gourdon, near Montrose, at line fishing for haddock and creel fishing for lobsters. She was registered at Montrose as ME113 and continued fishing until the early 1980's.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Posted by Sandy Stevenson