Alloway, Ayrshire, Scotland. A Victorian lady named Jayne Kilbride from Alloway. This is where Robert Burns was born two miles south of Ayr, in South Ayrshire, Scotland, the eldest of the seven children of William Burnes, born 1721, died 1784, (Robert Burns spelled his surname Burnes until 1786), a self-educated tenant farmer from Dunnottar, The Mearns, and Agnes Broun (or Brown), born 1732, died 1820, the daughter of a tenant farmer from Kirkoswald, South Ayrshire. He was born in this cottage, built by his father, where he lived until Easter 1766.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland. Tour Aberdeen, Tour Dundee, Tour Edinburgh, Tour Glasgow, Tour Isle of Skye. Tour Glencoe, Tour Loch Lomond. Tour Loch Ness.
Tour St Andrews.
Bestselling Books About Scotland
- Travel Deals
- Self Catering Holiday Cottage Deals Scotland
- Searching For Your Ancestors in Scotland
- Hotel Deals Scotland
- Self Catering Holiday Apartment Deals Scotland
- Search For The Best Flight And Hotel Deals In UK
- Searching For Your Ancestors In England
- Searching For Your Ancestors In Ireland