Old Travel Photograph Priory Place Craigie Perth Scotland
Old travel photograph of a horse drawn Tram, houses and people on Priory Place in Craigie, Perth, Perthshire, Scotland. It was on September 17th 1895 that the Perth and District Tramways Company officially opened the line from the rapidly expanding village of Scone to Glasgow Road, Perth. The trams were drawn by pairs of horses, the service ran at half hour intervals and the fare was 3d for the complete journey from Rose Terrace to Scone. The service was sufficiently successful for the frequency to be soon increased to once every twenty minutes and within a year new tracks were constructed to Priory Place in Craigie via King Street, and St Leonard’s Bank to Cherrybank from Rose Terrace, and to Dunkeld Road via Barrack Street.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...