Old Photograph Alva Glen Scotland
Old photograph of Alva Glen located above the village of Alva, Clackmannanshire, Scotland. During the Industrial Revolution, Alva developed as a textile manufacturing centre, with the, originally water powered, woollen mills using water from the Glen, to provide employment for locals and migrant workers to the area. The Dalmore Works was built in 1874 for Wilson Brothers who produced textile products including tweed, woollen novelty fabrics and mohair and woollen rugs. The works were operated by Wilsons until 1964.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...