Old Photograph Stock Exchange Glasgow Scotland
Old photograph of the Stock Exchange in Glasgow, Scotland. The exchange was founded in 1844. In 1973, it merged with the London Stock Exchange, becoming the hub of its Scottish operations. The current building was erected between 1875 and 1877. It is situated on the corner of Nelson Mandela Place, prior to 1986 known as St George's Place, and Buchanan Street, and was designed by John Burnet in the Venetian Gothic style, believed to have been inspired by the Royal Courts of Justice. In 1906, an extension was added in St George's Place and the entire building was remodelled between 1969 and 1971.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...