Old Photograph Royal Exchange Square Glasgow Scotland
Old photograph of Royal Exchange Square in Glasgow, Scotland. The square lies between Buchanan Street and Queen Street opening out at the junction of Queen Street with Ingram Street, just south of George Square. In the centre of the square is the former Royal Exchange, a Graeco Roman masterpiece designed by architect David Hamilton in 1829, where merchants exchanged contracts in cotton, linen, chemicals, coal, iron, steel, timber and other commodities. In front of the portico is Baron Marochetti`s noble bronze equestrian statue of Duke of Wellington erected in 1844.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...