Old Photograph Railway Station Guay Perthshire Scotland
Old photograph of the now closed railway station in Guay, in Strathtay, between Dowally and Kindallachan, ten miles North of Dunkeld, Perthshire, Scotland. The Inverness and Perth Junction Railway was built to link the Inverness in the Highlands and Aberdeen Junction Railway at Forres and Perth and Dunkeld Railway, ultimately absorbing the latter. The Act of Parliament was passed on 22 July 1861, with the line being opened between Dunkeld and Pitlochry on 1 June 1863, between Forres and Aviemore on 3 August 1863 and the final section to Aviemore and Pitlochry on 9 September 1863. It combined with the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Railway to form the Highland Railway on 1 February 1865. The line became part of the LMS in 1923. The Aberfeldy Branch was authorised under the original Act of Parliament, being opened on 3 July 1865, just after the formation of the Highland Railway.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...