Saturday, 8 July 2017
Old Photograph Parish Church Colinton Scotland
Old photograph of the Parish Church and cemetery on Dell Road in Colinton located South West of the centre of Edinburgh, Scotland. A church has stood on the site for approximately 1000 years, but the current building was constructed and opened in 1908. The current church was rebuilt in 1907 by the architect Sydney Mitchell. The church incorporates the tower from the old church, which had been designed by David Bryce and built in 1837. Robert Louis Stevenson spent the summers of his childhood at the church manse when his grandfather was the village's Parish Minister; the philanthropist James Gillespie; and architects Sir Robert Rowand Anderson and John James Burnet also lived in this Scottish village.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland travel video of Winter snow just five days before Christmas in Glen Etive , near Glencoe , on ancestry visit to the Highland...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of women walking on the sea wall at the harbour in Arbroath, Angus, Scotland . In 1394 the Abbot John Gedy and the monks of ...