Old Photograph Merchants House Glasgow Scotland
Old photograph of the Merchants House in Glasgow, Scotland. The Merchants House of Glasgow was constituted in 1605 by the Letter of Guildry, which laid down the rights, duties and privileges of the Merchants and Craftsmen of Glasgow. From the beginning, the Merchants House supported members and their families who had become "decayed and distressed", both within their hospital and outside it. Over the years donations and bequests have enabled the House to continue and extend this benevolence.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...