Tour Scotland Video King's Stables Culloden Moor



Tour Scotland video of the King's Stables on the battlefield at Culloden near Inverness, Highlands, Scotland. The thatched cottage is reputed to have housed the King's cavalry after the Battle of Culloden. The inscription on a nearby stone reads: Kings Stables Station of English Cavalry after the Battle of Culloden. The Battle of Culloden was the last pitched battle fought on British soil. It was fought on 16 April 1746 and saw the Jacobite army of Prince Charles Edward Stuart defeated by the army of the Hanoverian King George II under the leadership of the Duke of Cumberland. The battle put an end to Jacobite hopes of restoring the Stuart dynasty to the British throne.



All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.

View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.

No comments: