Tour Scotland Video May Drive Along South Street To West Port In St Andrews Fife
Tour Scotland May video of a drive along South Street towards the West Port on ancestry visit to St Andrews, Fife, Scotland. The West Port at the West end of South Street is the best surviving example of a Scottish fortified gate. The West Port was built by the mason Thomas Robertson in 1587, incorporating parts of an earlier gate here. The port seems to have fallen into dilapidation by the 1800s. It was completely renovated in 1843 by the Mayor and Mr John Grant of Kilgraston.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...