Old Photograph Railway Station Shettleston Scotland
Old photograph of the railway station in Shettleston, Glasgow, Scotland. Shettleston was opened on 1 February 1871 when the Coatbridge Branch of the North British Railway opened. In 1877, the station became a junction with the opening of the Glasgow, Bothwell, Hamilton and Coatbridge Railway with the commencement of freight services to Bothwell on 1 November 1877 and passenger services on 1 April 1878.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...