Old Photograph Georgemas Junction Scotland
Old photograph of a steam locomotive and a diesel passenger train meeting at the Georgemas Junction by Halkirk, Caithness, Scotland. Georgemas Junction is the junction of the Thurso branch from the Inverness to Wick line, the most northerly railway junction in the United Kingdom. The station was built by the Sutherland and Caithness Railway and opened on 28 July 1874.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...