Old Photograph Garscadden House Drumchapel Scotland
Old photograph of Garscadden House in Drumchapel in Glasgow, Scotland. The Fleming family owned Garscadden Estate, in the 14th century, after which it fell heir to Sir Robert Erskine, and then to the Galbraiths in the 15th century. It was in 1664 that Archibald Colquhoun of Camstradden, near Luss by Loch Lomond, became it’s latest owner. In 1938 Garscadden House was acquired by Glasgow Corporation and evacuees were sent there during the Second World War. It was destroyed by fire in 1959.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...