Old Photograph Florence Booth House Lochee Dundee Scotland
Old photograph of the Florence Booth house in Clement Park, Lochee, Dundee, Scotland. Initially the Dundee Mothers’ and Children’s Home opened at Seafield Lodge, Magdalen Green. In 1927, the home was moved to Cidhmore, Perth Road. It was not until the following year that it finally settled in Clement Park and took on the name of Florence Booth House. In 1969, a childrens section opened and the following year the maternity section closed leaving it as a children’s home effectively. It remained as such until 1991 when it closed. In later years, the site became a hostel for adults and was later sold for private development.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...