Tour Scotland Video Walking Tour Isle Of Rum Inner Hebrides
Tour Scotland wee video of photographs of a small group walking tour to the Isle Of Rum, one of the Small Isles of the Inner Hebrides, Scotland. For much of the 20th century the name became Rhum, a spelling invented by the former owner, Sir George Bullough, because he did not relish the idea of having the title Laird of Rum. The main range of hills on Rùm are the Cuillin, usually referred to as the Rùm Cuillin, in order to distinguish them from the Cuillin of Skye. The Bullough mausoleum at Harris on Rùm has the Rùm Cullin in the distance. George Bullough, later Sir George, built Kinloch Castle in 1900 using sandstone quarried at Annan in Dumfries and Galloway. A Caledonian MacBrayne ferry, MV Lochnevis, links Rùm and the neighbouring Small Isles of Canna, Eigg and Muck, to the mainland port of Mallaig.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...