Tour Scotland Video Parish Church And Graveyard Kilmany North East Fife
Tour Scotland video of the Parish Church and graveyard on ancestry visit to Kilmany, Fife, Scotland. The old parish church of Kilmany, which was rebuilt in 1768, is thought to have been dedicated to St Adrian and formerly belonged to St Salvator's College St Andrews. In 1934, following the 1929 union of the Church of Scotland and the United Free Church, Kilmany was joined with the former United Free church congregation of Rathillet. After the union the charge continued under the name of Kilmany and both churches remained in use for public worship. Kilmany was later linked in 1956 with Flisk, however this arrangement was terminated in 1971 in favour of union between Flisk, Kilmany and also Creich, under the name of Creich, Flisk and Kilmany. A further link was established between the united parish and Monimail in 1983. The kirk session sat within the Presbytery of Cupar until the restructuring of the presbyteries in 1976, when it became part of the Presbytery of St Andrews. The church is a simple rectangle, with a west porch and bellcote. It is surrounded by a graveyard with stones the earliest of which date from the late eighteenth century, and its use continued into the late twentieth century.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...