Tour Scotland Photograph Our Lady of Perpetual Succour And St Cumin Morar
Tour Scotland photograph of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour and St Cumin, Morar, Lochaber, Scotland. This Catholic church was built and dedicated by the Lovat family in 1889 for the people of the area. It is built of local grey stone with a detached bell tower. Among those present at the opening service were Lady Lovat, Lord Lovat, the Honorable Misses Fraser, the Honorable Lady Mostyn, the Honorable Lady Sausse, the Lord Bishop of Argyll and the Isles, the Right Reverend Angus MacDonald, Colonel MacDonald of Glenaladale, the Right Reverend A. MacIntosh of Fort William, the Reverend D.A. MacPherson, Arisaig, the Reverend D. MacLellan, Morar, The Reverend John MacElmail, Knoydart, Mr and Mrs MacLellan, Mr Johnstone, Mr Walker, Mr MacNab etc. The congregation also included a large number of persons from the neighbouring districts of South Morar, Arisaig, Knoydart; while others were present from the Isle of Skye, Eigg and places even more remote.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...