Old Photograph Steam Train Parkhead Glasgow Scotland
Old photograph of a steam train in Parkhead North railway station Glasgow, Scotland. Parkhead was a railway station in the east end of Glasgow. It was opened as Parkhead, by the North British Railway on 1 February 1871. It was renamed Parkhead North on 30 June 1952 by British Railways. This was to differentiate it from the nearby ex Caledonian Railway Parkhead station on the former Glasgow Central Railway. The station was closed to passengers on 19 September 1955.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...