Old Photograph St John's Episcopal Church New Pitsligo Scotland
Old photograph of St John's Episcopal Church in New Pitsligo near Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland. A small church was built here in 1835 and was replaced by the current, larger church in the early 1870s. This area originally owned by the Lords Pitsligo, however after the Jacobite rebellion of 1745 these lands were forfeited because of the last Lord's support for the losing side. Part of the estate eventually passed to William Forbes of Monymusk who founded the village of New Pitsligo on the site of the existing hamlet of Cyaak.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Posted by Sandy Stevenson