Old Photograph Parish Church Johnstonebridge Scotland
Old photograph of the Parish Church and cemetery in Johnstonebridge, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland. Johnstonebridge is a village located North West of Lockerbie and South West of Beattock on the left bank of the River Annan. In the early 18th century the lands of Raehills, located north of Johnstonebridge, were owned by William Johnstone, 1st Marquess of Annandale. This was within the clan Johnstone area, from which the the village derives its name. Johnstone Parish Church was built in the 1730s and extended in 1819.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Posted by Sandy Stevenson