Old Photograph Oa Islay Scotland
Old photograph of islanders collecting seaweed on the coast at Oa, Isle of Islay, Scotland. The Oa is a rocky region in the south west of Islay. It used to have a population of 800 in 1830 but became deserted due to the Highland Clearances. An American Monument was erected on the south coast by the American Red Cross to commemorate the loss of two ships in 1918, SS Tuscania, a passenger liner, and HMS Otranto.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...