Old Photograph LNER Class N2 Steam Train Parkhead Glasgow Scotland


Old photograph of an LNER Class N2 steam train in Parkhead North railway station Glasgow, Scotland. This locomotive was designed by Nigel Gresley and introduced in 1920. They were a common sight in and around Glasgow and Edinburgh operating suburban services, mainly on what is today known as the North Clyde Line. Parkhead was a railway station in the east end of Glasgow. It was opened as Parkhead, by the North British Railway on 1 February 1871. It was renamed Parkhead North on 30 June 1952 by British Railways. This was to differentiate it from the nearby ex Caledonian Railway Parkhead station on the former Glasgow Central Railway. The station was closed to passengers on 19 September 1955.



All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.

View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.

No comments:

Featured post

Tour Scotland Winter Travel Video Waterfalls Glencoe And Glen Etive Highlands

Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...