Old Photograph LNER Class C16 Steam Train Eastfield Glasgow Scotland
Old photograph of an LNER Class C16 steam train in Eastfield Glasgow, Scotland. Fifteen C16 steam locomotives were built between 1915 and 1916, and a final batch of six were built in 1921. The first ten replaced the C15s on the heaviest loads in the Glasgow area. Later C16s also tended to displace C15s from their heavier duties. Other early allocations included North Berwick, St. Margaret's in Edinburgh, and Dunbar. By the late 1940s and early 1950s, some of the C16s worked in places such as Dundee, Dunfermline, and Aberdeen. Eastfield was a steam shed under British Railways with the depot code 65A.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Posted by Sandy Stevenson