Old Photograph Laying Tram Lines Paisley Cross Scotland
Old photograph of laying Tram lines at Paisley Cross in Paisley, by Glasgow, Scotland. Paisley District Tramways Company took over the Paisley Tramways Company on 17 September 1903 and undertook a programme of modernisation and electrification. The first electric tramway services started on 13 June 1904. There were depots at: Aurs Road, Barrhead; Main Road, Elderslie; Paisley Road, Renfrew. The company was taken over by Glasgow Corporation Tramways on 1 August 1923, which continued to operate trams in Paisley until the late 1950s.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...