Old Photograph Glen Fintaig Steam Train St Margaret's Railway Depot Meadowbank Edinburgh Scotland
Old photograph of the Glen Fintaig steam train in St Margaret's Railway Depot in Edinburgh, Scotland. The first engine shed, a roundhouse, and the workshops comprising St. Margaret's, were built atop a historic well by the North British Railway in 1845. Mainly associated over the following years with the movement of coal and general freight traffic, the depot was never to match its close Edinburgh Haymarket neighbour in glamour of any form.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Posted by Sandy Stevenson