Old Photograph Ewing's Shop Dundee Scotland
Old photograph of Ewing's shop in Whitehall House in Dundee, Scotland. Whitehall Street was built under the 1858 improvement plan and opened in 1883. In order to build the street, two very old closes and many old buildings were demolished. One of these was a well established mansion, occupied in the 17th century by Sir Patrick Lyon, who was related to the first Earl of Strathmore, a professor at St Andrews University and a judge. He was also a keen Royalist and at the restoration of Charles 11 in 1660, he changed the name of his house to Whitehall. He also placed the sculptured arms of King Charles II above his doorway.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...